To further the mission of the camp by providing supervision and
ensuring a safe environment at the Camp’s waterfront activities.
Assist in the management to the physical operation of the waterfront
facilities and equipment.
AmeriCorps members agree to complete a term of National Service; as
they support Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee programming
and receive a set living allowance. Upon successful Completion of this
term of service, AmeriCorps members are eligible for a Segal
AmeriCorps Education Award.
- Deliver program, supervise and lifeguard aquatic activities at the
swimming pool and waterfront.
- Provide surveillance during aquatic activities to help prevent and
to manage injuries.
- Provide rescues utilizing first aid and CPR and other emergency
management services as needed.
- Understand and implement appropriate response to changes in water
conditions or weather conditions affecting the waterfront or
- Evaluate aquatics abilities of campers, volunteers and staff.
- Assist waterfront instructional staff in program areas such as
swimming and boating.
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures while at the
waterfront or swimming pool.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and
equipment in the waterfront program area and swimming pool.
- Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness,
and good repair.
- Clean waterfront area and swimming pool daily keeping it free of
litter, lost & found, hazards and debris.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and
leading those as assigned.
- Participate as a member of the Program Team to deliver and
supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and all-camp
activities and camp functions.
- Assist in the planning of any special events on or near the
waterfront and swimming pool.
- Assist with supervision and guidance of a cabin as needed.
- Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State,