We are looking for individuals who are responsible, outgoing,
and passionate about working with Milwaukee's youth! Hours are
Monday-Friday between 7:00am-7:00pm. These positions can start now
through June 4th and positions end no later than August 27th.
Perfect for students! Pay rate will be between $12.50-$13.50/hour.
Assist in planning, organizing, and
implementing programs/activities that allow members to feel empowered
to make healthy choices, learn methods to cope with stress, bullying
and trauma, and a stronger sense of pride and responsibility related
to their self-image and esteem. These programs include but not limited
to health & hygiene; bullying prevention; drug, tobacco &
alcohol prevention; teen pregnancy prevention; conflict resolution and
social, emotional learning.
Culture Competency and Responsiveness
- Demonstrate and communicate the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater
Milwaukee (BGCGM) philosophy, objectives, standards and programs
through all methods available to members, their parents, and the
general public. Provide quality program activities that are
inclusive, welcoming, respectful and responsive to the diversity of
members, families and community.
Youth Leadership and Engagement
- Assist in providing quality program activities and experiences
that promote a sense of purpose and individual empowerment for
members to practice and develop leadership skills, make meaningful
choices during activities, support members to develop skills in
decision making, planning and goal setting skills.
- Promote and support members initiated and member lead activities.
Foster an environment that offers choices, incorporates team
building and promotes a sense of belonging and group identity for members.
Program Activity Planning and Implementation
- Assists in planning, organizing and implementing program
activities in accordance with selected curricula that supports
program goals and incorporates the needs and interests of members.
- Responsible for regularly gathering information and feedback from
members about their needs and interests.
Safe Positive Environment
- Understands and follows the BGCGM Member Care Manual policies and
procedures to include but not limited to conduct of member policies,
supervision of members policies, employee to member policies, member
safety polices, child abuse and neglect policies, member health
policies, transportation and field trips policies, the club
safety/contingency plan, and the procedures for reporting
incidents/accidents during program hours.
- Keeps accurate attendance, tracks member participation in assigned
program areas, documents results and progress of members. Generate
monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
Collaborations and Partnerships
- Assist in proving opportunities to engage and support the families
of members, build reciprocal relationships with communities,
volunteers and organizations to support program goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to one’s own learning, skill building and
professionalism on the job by following BGCGM code of conduct and
employee handbook, supporting colleagues, sharing duties and working
collaboratively, and active participation in meetings.
- Seek and attend professional development workshops, trainings and
interactions with other professionals and apply new learning to work practices
- Provide appropriate guidance and direction through supportive
relations with members.
- Understand and articulate the value of BGCGM and serve as an
advocate for youth and the field of youth development.