Provides Academic and Career Planning (ACP), intensive job and
post-secondary readiness programming, job search and placement
assistance, case management, mentoring, employer engagement and
training/re-training, applicable certifications and follow up services
to enrolled Career Plus members. The Program Coordinator is
responsible for assisting with recruiting and retaining participants
and implementing the scheduled programming (in-person and virtually)
for required Social Emotional Development, Mentoring (using Check
& Connect), Academic and Career Planning, Post-Secondary
Preparation, and Career Development activities. The Program
Coordinator will collaborate with Employ Milwaukee staff, Grad Plus
Staff, Club staff, school staff, parent/guardian, employer partners,
and other members of the youth support team to provide wraparound
services for Brighter Futures members.
- Conducts outreach, recruitment and enrollment of Brighter Futures participants
- Communicates effectively and works in conjunction with Employ
Milwaukee Career Coordinators and QAS.
- Works with Grad Plus staff to assist in implementation of
post-secondary education workshops that teach college readiness skills.
- Assists Brighter Futures participants with their academic and
career planning, including career and post-secondary decision-making
process, using Career Cruising program.
- Always manages a caseload of a minimum of 33 students (20 WIOA
eligible and 13 non-WIOA).
- Manages professional development experiences (including
social-emotional development lessons, career readiness, and
post-secondary preparation) during school year and summer work experience.
- Organizes worksite tours and works with Grad Plus team to refer
students to college tours including attending annual Washington DC trip.
- Supervises AmeriCorps staff and coordinates their schedule.
- Develops and maintains contacts with private sector businesses,
community organizations and educational institutions for the purpose
of outreach, recruitment and positive public relations/support.
- Presents information regarding youth programs and services to
community groups and organizations.
- Determines eligibility and assists youth with enrollment into
program services and maintains individual enrollment portfolios.
- Assesses participant’s employment and education needs and keeps
individualized academic and career plans up to date.
- Assists Brighter Futures members in identifying and addressing
barriers to employment, works closely with Grad Plus staff for
post-secondary education support and programming and refers services
within the one-stop system as appropriate, or to community resources
- Matches job skills with applicant qualifications; refers qualified
applicants to employers and conducts necessary follow up when
applicants are placed in positions.
- May refer youth to other appropriate Youth Service Providers in
the Region for additional assistance.
- Provides job development and appropriate job referrals to Brighter
Futures youth customers.
- Conducts follow-up services with customers regarding their job
search and works in conjunction with Grad Plus staff for enrollment
in post-secondary education/training.
- Participates in job and college fairs, trade shows, and
appropriate community events.
- Upkeep daily, weekly attendance into Asset, ETO and BGC data base.
- Develops, implements and evaluates Career Development related
quality programing and activities to achieve specific goals and
- Develops and maintains positive climate and environment with
- Tracks member participation in assigned program areas and
documents results and progress of members.
- Tracks, collects and distributes youth worker time sheets,
assessments and pay checks.
- Communicates via phone calls, emails and text to youth workers for
reminders of paperwork, bank account set up and mandatory meetings.
- Communicates the philosophy, objectives, standards, and programs
of the Boys & Girls Club, through all methods available, to
members, their parents, and the general public.
- Implements and participates in programs, projects, and special
events within Career Development.
- Implements National Boys & Girls Club curriculum, and programs
projects, and other events within development for youth.
- Responsible for timely submittal of youth worker timesheets,
training, attendance, retention and follow through.
- Provides written documentation of program implementation and evaluation.
- Generate weekly, or monthly reports as requested.
- Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State,