Primary position for issuing purchase orders, purchase requisitions
and processing vendor invoices for payment in accordance with internal
controls for processing. Responsible for obtaining all required
backup supporting documents needed to release payments. Provide
support for other business office functions in the Finance department.
- Issue purchase requisition and purchase order documents for
approved vendors and maintain records for open and partially used balances.
- Match invoices with purchase orders and purchase requisitions.
- Adhere to and assure compliance with all internal control policies
and procedures for purchasing and accounts payable processing.
- Review and enter invoices for processing, ensuring compliance with
internal control policies and accurate data entry.
- Select invoices for payment based on due dates to assure payments
are issued in compliance with vendor terms, taking advantage of
discounts when available.
- Assist in maintenance and updating of vendor master file including
obtaining W-9 forms and performing excluded parties list searches
(EPLS) for federal grant compliance.
- Organize and maintain PO’s, invoices and data files in a manner to
support efficient and effective invoice processing and assure
receipt of all required documents for timely invoice payment.
- Communicate and follow up with staff to obtain any missing
documents needed for prompt invoice payment.
- Investigate all vendor statements indicating any past due amounts
and responds to all calls and correspondence from vendors to timely
resolve questions while assuring compliance to all internal controls
for payment processing.
- File all payments and maintain vendor payment records following
the records retention policy.
- Assist with various account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries
- Participate in the annual audit, providing needed backup,
schedules and other documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of 1099’s and compliance with 1099
- Maintain photocopier and postage machine including processing
postage amounts for letters to be mailed.
- Periodically serve as switchboard attendant/receptionist.
- Order Finance department supplies.
- Must attend required trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee
is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.