The Stewardship Coordinator is a key member of the Development team
helping to raise the organization’s $5M+ Annual Fund and to identify
prospects for potential major gifts and initiatives. The Stewardship
Coordinator will be thoughtful about engaging and cultivating core
donors to the organization, inspiring them to grow their involvement,
and supporting BGCGM with renewed or upgraded monetary gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of 300-400 donors who have provided past
support to the Clubs and a small number of identified prospects.
- Raise a minimum of $1M in unrestricted funding towards the Annual
Fund goal with a focus on recapturing lapsed donors, as well as
retaining and growing current donors.
- Create, execute, and evaluate a personal fundraising plan for
their portfolio and refresh annually.
- Develop engagement plans that can be used for specific donor
groups (e.g., current donors, event donors, lapsed donors) using
primarily handwritten notes, emails, and phone calls.
- Identify donors that are ready for higher level and more
personalized strategies to be managed by a Philanthropy Officer.
- Target 15-20 interactive touchpoints with donors every week.
- Complete pre-call planner in advance of meetings to plan strategy,
and capture notes and next steps in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Create and execute stewardship program in partnership with
Director of Development-Donor Relations, Grants & Fundraising
Communications Manager, and Marketing team to ensure donors receive
meaningful donor-centric stewardship touchpoints throughout the year.
- Work collaboratively with peers in the Development Department
throughout the donor cycle to understand donor giving history &
interests, requesting research from the Data Services & Prospect
Research Manager, preparing asks, proposals, and ensuring reporting
is completed by the Grants & Fundraising Communications Manager,
and ensuring gifts are properly processed, acknowledged, and
stewarded working with the Data Services & Prospect Research
Manager and the Development Coordinator.
- Work collaboratively within the Development Department to develop
and refine donor giving circle programs and ensure benefits for the
donors in their portfolio are delivered.
- Work with the Director of Development-Donor Relations to
incorporate strategies using influencers from the Development
Committee, Board of Trustees, and other volunteers.
- Meet regularly with Director of Development-Donor Relations and VP
of Development to assess account plans, review strategies, and track progress.
- Work with senior leadership and the Development team, providing
background and context on partnerships and community events that may
influence solicitations and future conversations with area leaders
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization through media
interviews, public speaking, networking events, board of trustees
interactions and donor meetings.
- Demonstrate and communicate BGCGM philosophy, objectives,
standards, and programs through all methods available to members,
their parents, and the general public. Provide quality program
activities that are inclusive, welcoming, respectful and responsive
to the diversity of members, families and community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee
is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.