Responsible for delivering academic student support during non-school
hours, which is integrated with the day school academic program, with
a maximum of 6 hours per week. Collaborate with school staff to
align, support, and accomplish both school and Club academic outcomes.
This is a seasonal academic year position, which is typically
September through May.
- Serves as liaison between the day school and the Club to ensure a
seamless learning day which includes information sharing, alignment
between day school and afterschool curriculum, creating professional
developments, and integration into the school culture.
- Assists and works with the day school in identifying and
recruiting students with academic need through the use of data
review and established criteria to participate in selected Boys
& Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee (BGCGM) and CLC required programming.
- Assists with developing a CLC Program Plan that identifies
learning curriculum to be implemented for CLC academic enrichment.
- Collects, analyzes, and evaluates student data on an ongoing basis
to determine effectiveness of the strategies and curricula
implemented based on the CLC Needs Assessment.
- Meets regularly with the School Support Teacher (SST), and attends
Learning Team (LT), Behavior Intervention Team (BIT), and all other
required or relevant meetings as a representative of BGCGM, in order
to make recommendations regarding academic programming needs and
- Communicates weekly with the classroom teacher regarding student
progress and individual student needs that can be supported through
the extended day academic program.
- Reviews weekly attendance reports and makes parental contacts as
needed when students are absent from academic components.
- * Gathers and organizes appropriate instructional
materials. Provides support with the development and implementation
of academic programs for the staff and volunteers.
- Provides oversight of routine assessments and surveys (formal and
informal) for students.
- Directs the development, implementation, coordination and
monitoring academics that support achievement including program
enrollment, program attendance, assessments, program evaluation and
- Assists with the facilitation of professional development and
trainings for the Club staff and volunteers in a variety of areas
including academic support, online learning, Common Core Standards,
School Improvement Plan objectives, 5-Essentials and other relevant
areas of academic focus. Provide modeling, in the classroom, of best
practices for the Club staff on an as needed basis.
- Attends required meetings and trainings by Boys & Girls Clubs
of Greater Milwaukee, Milwaukee Public Schools, and/or funders.
- Assists with other Academic Coordinator duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee
is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.