Assist in planning, organizing, and co-facilitating Parent/ Caregiver
Family events and programs that promote positive youth development and
· Coordinates activities for bi- monthly family events,
including actively seeking parental involvement. Activities and events
will include: Community Mobilization Events that promote positive
youth development and optimal health such as family dinners, Family
Unity Night (held in conjunction with families of other youth-serving
agencies), block parties, health fairs, and back to school fairs.
· Refers parents and care givers to supportive services such as
employment services, trauma education/treatment, family counseling and
· Establishes and maintains a rapport with Club and School
staff and parents.
· Facilitates the S.T.A.R.T. (Sex Talk as Real Talk) workshops
for parents and care givers of program participants monthly.
· Group facilitation using appointed curriculum.
· Tracks parent/care giver participation and documents results
and progress bi-weekly.
· Generates monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
· Meets all deadlines.
· Engages the families of participants in the Teen Pregnancy
Prevention Program to communicate with their child to reduce and help
avoid risk and increase safety by encouraging self-efficacy and
promoting reduction of if not cessation of high-risk behaviors.
· Encourages emotional, social, and educational growth of parents.
· Must participate in required trainings by the Club, and /or funder.
· Participates in continuing education opportunities.