Manages the daily implementation of outcome driven SPARK programming
in the Education &
Careers core service area. Supervises and coordinates AmeriCorps and non-AmeriCorps
instructors. Responsible for coordinating the schedules at the site,
and working with
appropriate club staff, tracking participant data and reports as needed.
* Supervise a staff of instructors in implementing the SPARK program.
Coordinate tutoring schedule, after-school sessions, and family
activities. Model reading instruction, observe lessons and review
lesson plans and binders.
* Maintain instructor files as needed.
* Create and use a print-rich literacy environment that is conducive
to early reading instruction. Research , purchase, and maintain
resources and materials.
* Organizes, directs and supervises: the daily implementation of
program delivery, including staffing, program scheduling, work flow,
building access and program implementation space needs.
* Manages the program staff and volunteers according to the policies
to the policies and procedures developed by BGCGM.
* Maintains accurate documentation of program implementation and
prepares timely reports.
* Adheres to the Club’s loss-control and risk-management program and
reports accidents and losses (verbally and in writing) to the Club
Manager and Supervisor immediately.
* Inspects program supplies semi-annually and facilitates replacement
of supplies to assure are fully stocked with necessary tools/resources.
* Ensure proper documentation of all issues and incidents related to
membership/program participant management.
* Work with teachers, parent partners and tutors to ensure that
parents receive information on their child’s progress and how best to
support their children’s achievement.
* Supports fundraising efforts of the organization and assists with
* Maintain a positive relationship with local neighborhood
associations, youth serving agencies, and related Core Area subject networks.
* Use reporting tools for monitoring and tracking accountabilities
related to program implementation.
* Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
* Must meet all deadlines.
* Provide ongoing training for tutors.
* Train and supervise staff within the program.
* Conduct regular meetings with staff to ensure proper and timely communication.
* Communicate critical information associated with program implementation.
* Conduct annual performance evaluation process for all direct
reports utilizing the format instituted by the Human Resource department.
* Responsible for ensuring program achieves deliverable and outcomes.
* Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State
* Responsible for monitoring staff training requirements and ensures
staff attends required trainings.
* Participates in continuing education opportunities.