Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing STEM
program/activities, in relation to the Education & Career
Development core service area, for members ages 4-18.
- Implement and participate in programs, projects, and special
events, focusing on STEM programming.
- Implement STEM curriculum on a weekly basis, including FIRST LEGO
league, and continued partnerships with Rockwell, Discovery World,
MATC, MSOE, and others.
- Collaborate with individual teachers surrounding selected STEM curricula.
- Training Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee staff on
First LEGO league curriculum/missions in preparation for the competitions.
- Assist in recruiting, scheduling, and training STEM program volunteers.
- Develop, maintain, train staff on STEM curriculum that can be used
by the Clubs.
- Supervise members engaged in quality activities to achieve
specific goals and outcome measurements.
- Take the lead on planning field trips and help with recruiting members.
- Provide guidance and direction to members in the areas of academic
success, healthy lifestyle, and civic and community engagement.
- Encourage social, emotional, and educational growth of individual members.
- Develop and maintain positive climate and environment within
program space and facilitate positive youth/adult interaction.
- Track member participation in assigned program areas and document
results and progress of members.
- Provide written documentation of program implementation and evaluation.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and or/annual reports as requested.
- Participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State,
- Perform other STEM related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and use hands to touch, handle or feel. The employee
is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.