The Program Generalist has the responsibility of developing and
implementing education programs at Camp within Boys & Girls Club
locations and within the community.
AmeriCorps members agree to complete a term of National Service; as
they support Boys & Girls
Clubs of Greater Milwaukee programming and receive a set living
allowance. Upon successful
Completion of this term of service, AmeriCorps members are eligible
for a Segal AmeriCorps
· Care and Supervision of Children-When on duty, at all times account
for the location of all campers for which you have direct responsibility.
· Provide an atmosphere in which campers can grow and learn in line
with the mission and vision of the Boys and Girls Club and Camp Whitcomb/Mason.
· Use discipline techniques only as approved by the Camp
· Allow campers to participate in all scheduled camp activities.
Provide opportunities for leadership within the cabin.
· Allow campers input in “Cabin Time” activities. Seek immediate
medical help for any sick or injured camper or yourself.
· Report medical emergencies as designated by the Camp Whitcomb Mason
Emergency Action Plan
· Assure at all times that children in your cabin are supervised in a
1:8 ratios, which means for every 8 children there should be a minimum
of 1 adult. When possible, assure that there are at least two adults
with every group of children.
· Attend all meals and sit with campers during the meals. Act as a
positive role model while at the pool, waterfront, or archery range or
other high risk program areas. Only use techniques
which are safe and appropriate. Provide careful supervision of your
campers during these times and at all times follow the directions of
the program staff or lifeguards on duty.
· Provide consistent rules and guidelines in your program area
· Develop programs in line with the assigned program area which
promote the mission and vision of the Boys and Girls Clubs.
· Assure all programming is developmentally appropriate for the age
group you are working with
· Utilize a natural and logical progression for learning. Utilize a
wide range of resources available to you including by not limited to
athletics supplies, aquatics supplies, the natural world, and other
supplies not typically considered for athletics purposes.
· Teach diversity concepts. Facilitate programs with an experiential
· Assure that your area of responsibility is clean, free of food, and orderly
· Hand in maintenance request forms anytime you notice areas or items
in need of repairs
· Clean areas assigned to, which may include but is not limited to
sweeping, mopping, washing windows, and taking garbage to the dumpster area
· Assist with the set up and take down of camp including pre-camp
cleaning and landscaping which may include laying wood chips,
distributing fire wood, cleaning bathrooms, organizing program areas,
or general housekeeping duties
· Communicate the Club’s mission and philosophy to staff, members,
parents, camp users and the community
· Perform administrative tasks such as typing programs, organizing
pictures, filing forms, and other office duties
· Develop program outcomes to maintain a quality program.
· Coordinate, promote and encourage participation of members in
Environmental/Outdoor Education and summer programs within the Clubs
· Create a climate/atmosphere that energizes and encourages youth to
feel safe, happy and to have fun. Develop special program projects as assigned
· Assist in the development of new curriculum and programs.
· Participate in ongoing trainings, special programs and events