Responsible for providing academic instruction to students, up to 6
hours per week. Provide high
quality reading and/or math instruction to members participating in
the After School Tutoring
program. Grant Funded: Temporary position; this is an academic
year position, which is
typically September through May. Continuation of employment is
contingent upon renewal
- Provide group tutoring and one on one academic assistance to members.
- Makes parental contacts when members are absent in tutoring component.
- Develop and implement lesson plans to facilitate members learning.
- Routinely assess (formally and informally) each cohort of member assigned.
- Use approved curriculum properly and maintain appropriate tutor to
member ratio and other program specific requirements and expectations.
- Supervise members engaged in quality activities to achieve
specific goals and outcome measurements.
- Encourage emotional, social and educational growth of individual member.
- Provide written documentation of program implementation and evaluation.
- Maintain records on all program activities.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of all relevant data
including enrollment, attendance, assessment and progress data as required.
- Report on member progress to Lead Teacher by assigned deadlines.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
- Must meet required deadlines.
- Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State,
- Attend all required meetings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee
is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.