Prepare grant reports and budgets for direct grant activities, review
grant reports submitted by grant sub-recipients, assess and uphold
compliance with uniform guidance and financial internal controls, and
follow-up on questions and/or data/documentation needed to process
grant payments. Responsible for taking ownership of assigned grants,
maintaining a grants reporting status log and communicating the status
of the reports to supervisor and other key stakeholders. This position
will also be responsible for observing and recording the reporting
procedures to ensure proper controls are in place for cross training
purposes. The Grant Accountant will work closely with the finance and
government affairs teams, will report directly to the Manager of
Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis.
- Accountable for operation of grant accounting functions, including
- preparing grant budgets and budget amendments.
- preparing grant reports.
- reviewing grant reports submitted by sub-recipients.
- submitting grant reports for payment processing to sub-recipients.
- Assist in monitoring of compliance with grant contracts and
- Apply and uphold federal uniform guidance regulations and internal
controls for report review and grant payment processing.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff at
the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee and all
- Communicate and follow-up with stakeholders and sub-recipients for
the purpose of
- staying in compliance with uniform guidance and internal controls
- promptly processing grant reports and payments to sub-recipients
- Maintain a grant reporting status log and communicate status of
reporting to key stakeholders
- Maintain documentation for current grant reporting procedures
- Make recommendations and implement approved procedure changes for
grant reporting processing to focus on maximizing reporting efficiency.
- Work closely with the
- Manager of Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis
- Director of Guidance and Prevention
- Financial staff at sub-recipient organizations
- Distribute financial/cost reports to funding sources, as well as
internal directors and other key personnel.
- Assist with month and year end close as well as grant award close reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit including the
Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA)
- Assist in the reconciliation of grant receivables.
- Assist in the development and delivery of grant reporting and
compliance training for sub-recipients.
- Must participate in required trainings, including those needed to
stay current in knowledge of uniform guidance compliance and grant
- Assist the CFO and Controller with miscellaneous projects as they
arise. These projects may consist of, but are not limited to: budget
preparation and analysis, month end internal financial reporting,
and miscellaneous account reconciliations.
- Other assigned duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee
is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is dependent on continued grant funding which is
currently secured through June 2021.