Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing programs/activities, in relation to family engagement for SPARK families.
- Coordinates activities for monthly family events, including actively seeking parental involvement.
- Provides support to the Club sites with outcome goals and objectives based on needs of members, families, and community.
- Establishes and maintains a rapport with Club and School staff and parents. Provides written documentation of program implementation.
- Tracks member participation in assigned program areas and documents results and progress of members.
- Generates monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested. Meets all deadlines.
- Engages the families of participants in the SPARK early literacy program to enhance student reading progress.
- Conducts a minimum of two home visits per SPARK family. Assists with coordinating the SPARK Home Library program so it aligns with family events.
- Works with teachers, site managers, and tutors to ensure that parents receive information on their children’s progress and how best to support their children’s achievement.
- Implements and participates in programs, projects, and special events. Encourages emotional, social, and educational growth of individual members. Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and /or funder. Participates in continuing education opportunities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.