The Development Coordinator is a crucial team member supporting a comprehensive fundraising strategy to successfully achieve an annual goal in excess of $5M. Working with the Director of Development, Operations, this individual will execute a variety of strategies to support the department in an effort to renew and increase gifts through donor stewardship. This position manages the production of donor gift acknowledgement letters, solicitation materials that include the Trustee spring and fall mailing, annual fund marketing materials and direct mail among other tasks that support development functions.
- Assist in executing the Annual Campaign strategy, including management of administrative functions surrounding Trustee solicitations
- Serve as staff liaison to select Board of Trustee members in support of their fundraising efforts
- Able to produce a broad range of written communications including funding proposals, meeting briefs, call lists, letters, emails and talking points
- Enter gift-in-kind donations into The Raiser’s Edge software program and execute all donor acknowledgment letters on a weekly basis
- Serve as back up for gift entry in Raiser’s Edge to support Development Systems & Database Manager during busy times
- Manage and execute the donor gift acknowledgement process, to ensure 48-hour turnaround of accurate and personalized recognition of all gifts
- Produce reports and draft communication updates for the department and Trustees on a weekly basis
- Develop an annual stewardship calendar in partnership with the Director of Development, Operations to recognize and acknowledge donors through the year. Support the team in executing donor stewardship benefits and experiences.
- Assist in the preparation of communication materials for Annual Campaign Cabinet, Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Able to research, qualify, assign and cultivate prospects
- Responsible for successful tracking and implementation of new donor stewardship plan
- Manage departmental processes such as invoice tracking, supply inventory maintenance and meeting schedules
- Meet regularly with Director of Development to assess projects, review strategies and track progress
- Participate in Development staff meetings/prospect tracking meetings/committee meetings/other department meetings and events, at times during evening and weekends, and to represent the organization to external constituents
- Provide other administrative support to Vice President of Development, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.