Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing STEM program/activities, in relation to the Education & Career Development core service area, for members ages 4-18.
- Implement and participate in programs, projects, and special events, focusing on STEM programming.
- Implement STEM curriculum on a weekly basis, including FIRST LEGO league, and continued partnerships with Rockwell, Discovery World, MATC, MSOE, and others.
- Collaborate with individual teachers surrounding selected STEM curricula.
- Training Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee staff on First LEGO league curriculum/missions in preparation for the competitions.
- Assist in recruiting, scheduling, and training STEM program volunteers.
- Develop, maintain, train staff on STEM curriculum that can be used by the Clubs.
- Supervise members engaged in quality activities to achieve specific goals and outcome measurements.
- Take the lead on planning field trips and help with recruiting members.
- Provide guidance and direction to members in the areas of academic success, healthy lifestyle, and civic and community engagement.
- Encourage social, emotional, and educational growth of individual members.
- Develop and maintain positive climate and environment within program space and facilitate positive youth/adult interaction.
- Track member participation in assigned program areas and document results and progress of members.
- Provide written documentation of program implementation and evaluation.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and or/annual reports as requested.
- Participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and/or funders.
- Perform other STEM related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.