Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma or working to obtain diploma required. Some college or BS degree in an environmental or education field preferred.
- Certified or willing to be certified in American Red Cross (or similar) CPR/First Aid
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Interest in informal learning settings and the environment.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions including cold weather or rain.
- Be self-motivated, energetic and flexible.
- Must be able to adapt to changes made in the moment.
- Understanding of developmental characteristics of youth ages 7-17.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with youth of ethnically different backgrounds.
- Appreciates new ideas and learning opportunities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The majority of work available is outdoors and requires the employee to dress appropriately for the weather.