Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma required. Some college or BS degree in an environmental or education field preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with good driving record and state required automobile insurance minimums preferred.
- Current American Red Cross Community First Aid/CPR certification required, or ability to obtain.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some physical requirements of this position could be endurance including prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching; requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and camp activities; requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate camper activities/programs and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs; willing to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited or simple equipment and facilities; and with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and animals such as bugs, snakes, bats, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.