Experience and Skills
- High School diploma. Some college preferred.
- Must provide proof of citizenship, as required by AmeriCorps.
- Must pass background check requirements, including a finger print screening
- Able to obtain or current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Experience in first aid and emergency management services.
- Ability to read and follow directions on medication labels, health forms, physician orders and parent letters.
- Ability to use the telephone and communicate effectively with parents, guardians, Club Managers, nurses and doctor.
- Ability to maintain written records.
- Ability to quickly get to remote locations on camp property over uneven terrain.
- Ability to observe and assess situations and safety conditions of the camp.
- Exhibit endurance to meet emergency needs.
The physical demands described here that must be met by an AmeriCorps member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the member is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The member is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The service environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the service environment is usually moderate.