Experience and Skills
- High School diploma. Some college preferred.
- Must provide proof of citizenship, as required by AmeriCorps.
- Must pass background check requirements, including a finger print
- Able to obtain or current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Experience in first aid and emergency management services.
- Ability to read and follow directions on medication labels, health
forms, physician orders and parent letters.
- Ability to use the telephone and communicate effectively with
parents, guardians, Club Managers, nurses and doctor.
- Ability to maintain written records.
- Ability to quickly get to remote locations on camp property over
- Ability to observe and assess situations and safety conditions of
- Exhibit endurance to meet emergency needs.
The physical demands described here that must be met by an AmeriCorps
member to successfully perform the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the member is regularly
required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The member is
occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this position include close vision,
distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The service environment characteristics described here are
representative of those encountered while performing the essential
functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the service environment is usually moderate.