To further the mission of the camp by providing supervision and ensuring a safe environment at the Camp’s waterfront activities. Assist in the management to the physical operation of the waterfront facilities and equipment.
AmeriCorps members agree to complete a term of National Service; as they support Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee programming and receive a set living allowance. Upon successful Completion of this term of service, AmeriCorps members are eligible for a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
- Deliver program, supervise and lifeguard aquatic activities at the swimming pool and waterfront.
- Provide surveillance during aquatic activities to help prevent and to manage injuries.
- Provide rescues utilizing first aid and CPR and other emergency management services as needed.
- Understand and implement appropriate response to changes in water conditions or weather conditions affecting the waterfront or swimming pool.
- Evaluate aquatics abilities of campers, volunteers and staff.
- Assist waterfront instructional staff in program areas such as swimming and boating.
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures while at the waterfront or swimming pool.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the waterfront program area and swimming pool.
- Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Clean waterfront area and swimming pool daily keeping it free of litter, lost & found, hazards and debris.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading those as assigned.
- Participate as a member of the Program Team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Assist in the planning of any special events on or near the waterfront and swimming pool.
- Assist with supervision and guidance of a cabin as needed.
- Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and/or funder.