Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma. Some college preferred.
- Must provide proof of citizenship, as required by AmeriCorps.
- Must pass background check requirements, including a finger print screening.
- 2-3 years of experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of resident camp programming and working with young adults.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an AmeriCorps member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the AmeriCorps member is regularly required to stand and move around, as well as use hands to handle or feel. The member must be able to perform physical demands in accordance to lifeguard standards. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The service environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by a member while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the service environment is usually moderate.