Tutor K5-3rd grade struggling readers in the SPARK Early Literacy Program, using a set lesson
plan and program materials.
- Create individualized lesson plans, following the set program format, for all assigned students.
- Tutor assigned students 3x weekly.
- Complete all reports and documentation, as required, including bi-weekly family information log.
- Assist in the development, acquisition and maintenance of literacy materials.
- Help create, utilize, and maintain a print-rich literacy environment.
- Establishes and maintains a rapport with school staff and parents.
- Assist with the maintenance of a detailed binder for each SPARK participant in order to monitor reading progress and report on program impact.
- Provides written documentation of program implementation.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Work with SPARK staff to implement creative and engaging after-school literacy games/activities for program participants.
- Provide guidance and direction to SPARK participants in the areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles, and civic and community engagement.
- Participates in programs, projects, and special events.
- Participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and /or funder.