Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing programs/activities that allow members to feel empowered to make healthy choices, have medically accurate knowledge regarding adolescent development, learn methods to cope with stress, bullying and trauma, and a stronger sense of pride and responsibility related to their self-image and esteem. These programs include but not limited to health & hygiene; bullying prevention; drug, tobacco & alcohol prevention; teen pregnancy prevention; conflict resolution and social, emotional learning.
Culture Competency and Responsiveness
- Demonstrate and communicate the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee (BGCGM) philosophy, objectives, standards and programs through all methods available to members, their parents, and the general public. Provide quality program activities that are inclusive, welcoming, respectful and responsive to the diversity of members, families and community.
Youth Leadership and Engagement
- Provide quality program activities and experiences that promote a sense of purpose and individual empowerment for members to practice and develop leadership skills, make meaningful choices during activities, support members to develop skills in decision making, planning and goal setting skills.
- Promote and support members initiated and member lead activities. Foster an environment that offers choices, incorporates team building and promotes a sense of belonging and group identity for members.
Program Activity Planning and Implementation
- Coordinate program activities in accordance with selected curricula that supports program goals and incorporates the needs and interests of members.
- Responsible for regularly gathering information and feedback from members about their needs and interests.
Safe Positive Environment
- Understands and follows the BGCGM Member Care Manual policies and procedures to include but not limited to conduct of member policies, supervision of members policies, employee to member policies, member safety polices, child abuse and neglect policies, member health policies, transportation and field trips policies, the club safety/contingency plan, and the procedures for reporting incidents/accidents during program hours.
- Keeps accurate attendance, tracks member participation in assigned program areas, documents results and progress of members. Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
Collaborations and Partnerships
- Provide opportunities to engage and support the families of members, build reciprocal relationships with communities, volunteers and organizations to support program goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to one’s own learning, skill building and professionalism on the job by following BGCGM code of conduct and employee handbook, supporting colleagues, sharing duties and working collaboratively, and active participation in meetings.
- Seek and attend professional development workshops, trainings and interactions with other professionals and apply new learning to work practices
- Provide appropriate guidance and direction through supportive relations with members.
- Understand and articulate the value of BGCGM and serve as an advocate for youth and the field of youth development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.