Demonstrate and communicate the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee (BGCGM) philosophy, objectives, standards and programs through all methods available to members, their parents, and the general public. A Group Leader is responsible for planning, organizing, delivering and documenting educational and recreational programs/activities that are engaging, and inclusive, welcoming, respectful, and responsive to the diversity of members, families and community.
Youth Leadership and Engagement
- Provide quality program activities and experiences that promote a sense of purpose and individual empowerment for members to practice and develop leadership skills, make meaningful choices during activities, support members to develop skills in decision making, planning and goal setting skills.
- Promote and support member initiated and member led activities. Foster an environment for members that offers choices, incorporates team building and promotes a sense of belonging and group identity.
- Provide appropriate guidance and direction through supportive relations with members.
- Understand and articulate the value of BGCGM and serve as an advocate for youth and the field of youth development.
- Support opportunities to engage guardians of member’s participation.
Program Activity Planning and Implementation
- Provide program activities in accordance with selected curricula that support program goals and incorporate the needs and interests of members.
- Responsible for regularly gathering information and feedback from members about their needs and interests.
Safe Positive Environment
- Keep accurate attendance, track member participation in assigned program areas, document results and progress of members. Generate monthly reports as requested.
- Understand and follow the BGCGM Member Care Manual policies and Operational procedures to include but not limited to: Conduct of Member, Supervision of Members, Employee to Member, Member Safety polices, Child Abuse and Neglect, Member Health Transportation and Field Trips policies; the Club Safety/Contingency Plan, and the procedures for reporting incidents/accidents.
- Demonstrate commitment to one’s own learning, skill building and professionalism on the job by following BGCGM code of conduct and employee handbook, supporting colleagues, sharing duties and working collaboratively, and actively participation in meetings.
- Seek and attend professional development workshops, trainings and interactions with other professionals and apply new learning to work practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.