Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing programs/activities in relation to Social Emotional Learning for Club youth ages 4-13.
AmeriCorps members agree to complete a term of National Service; as they support Boys & Girls
Clubs of Greater Milwaukee programming and receive a set living allowance. Upon successful completion of this term of service, AmeriCorps members are eligible for a Segal AmeriCorps
Education Award. AmeriCorps SEL Coaches develop and implement Positive Action curriculum and act as behavior/celebration coaches for youth.
- Work with Club staff to provide engaging individual and small group SEL programming to participants during after-school hours. Facilitate programs for youth 4-13 years of age.
- Assist Club staff build systems and incentives for celebrating positive behavior of youth
- Establish and maintain a rapport with Club staff and parents.
- Tracks youth participation in small group instruction and document results and progress of youth.
- Provide written member reflections and documentation of program implementation.
- Provide direct support and guidance to youth as they develop individual goals and plans.
- Encourage emotional, social, and educational growth of individual youth.
- Implement and participate in programs, projects, and special events.
- Meet all deadlines related to AmeriCorps member requirements.
- Assist in the development, acquisition and maintenance of program materials.
- Provides support to the Club sites with outcome goals and objectives based on needs of youth, families, and community.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and engagement.
- Participate in trainings including Trauma Informed Care, SEL programs, and other opportunities as appropriate.
- Assist with the maintenance of a detailed file for each program and activity in order to report on program impact and attendance.
- Generate program and event descriptions for agency media promotion materials, brochures, and report development.
- Create reports and supply materials requested by Boys & Girls Clubs of America related to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee’s social-emotional programming.
- Generate bi-weekly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
- Assist with monitoring of data collection of AmeriCorps Inspire HOPE programming.
- Provides guidance and direction to youth in the areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles, and civic and community engagement.
- Other tasks as assigned