The Program Generalist-Hourly on Call will be trained in all areas
necessary for program needs. Hours available will fluctuate each week.
Advanced notice will be given regarding available hours. Employee
will work with youth and adults from various schools in and outside of
Wisconsin, as well as adult groups, church groups etc. Time at Camp
includes set up and take down of program areas as well as facilitating
various programs to said groups as needed.
- Care for and supervise of children at all times. Account for the
location of all campers for which you have direct responsibility.
- Provide an atmosphere in which campers can grow and learn in line
with the mission and vision of the Boys & Girls Club and Camp Whitcomb/Mason.
- Work cooperatively with all staff to ensure quality programming is
planned, implemented and delivered.
- Display excellent customer service to all people on site.
- Seek immediate medical help for any sick or injured person or yourself.
- Respond to emergencies as designated by the Camp Whitcomb/Mason
Emergency Action Plan.
- Act as a positive role model while on duty.
- Provide careful supervision of your campers at all times and
follow/enforce the directions of the program staff or lifeguards on duty.
- Assure all programming and conversation is developmentally
appropriate for the age group with which you are working.
- Assure that your area of responsibility is clean, free of food,
- Hand in maintenance request forms anytime you notice areas or
items in need of repair.
- Clean areas assigned to which may include but is not limited to
sweeping, mopping, washing windows, and taking garbage to the
- Provide assistance in cleaning camp prior to the event.
- Communicate the Club’s mission and philosophy to staff, members,
parents, camp users and the community.
- Coordinate, promote and encourage participation of members in
Environmental/Outdoor Education and summer programs within the Clubs.
- Participate in ongoing training, special programs and events.