The Program Generalist-AmeriCorps is a high energy, dedicated, flexible, outdoor educator who will deliver a vast array of duties which contributes to the success of Camp Whitcomb/Mason. Each day will come with new experiences which may involve delivering outdoor education, facilitating programs and events, planning programs, grounds maintenance, preforming custodial duties, and providing in club programming.
- Develop and deliver exceptional programs which highlight environmental stewardship to ethnically diverse groups, primarily youth ages 6-18, which promotes the mission and vision of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee
- Feel comfortable while providing a safe atmosphere for participants in high risk program areas such as canoeing, belaying, and cross cut sawing
- Assure all programming is developmentally appropriate for the age group you are serving with
- Assist in the development and promotion of new curriculum and programs for area schools
- Willing and able to appropriately dress and serve in all-weather environments including cold, heat, and rain
- Promote Camp Whitcomb/Mason’s summer camp programs, outdoor education programs, and conference business
- Communicate the Club’s mission and philosophy to staff, members, parents, camp users and the community
- Regularly travel to the city of Milwaukee to deliver programming inside Boys & Girls Clubs
- Organize and attend promotional opportunities at fairs, farmers markets, schools, and sporting events
- Assist with seasonal staff recruitment which will include attending staffing fairs
- Host user groups staying at Camp Whitcomb/Mason which will involve being available to respond to emergencies, helping group leaders trouble shoot, and providing outstanding customer service
- Willing to maintain a flexible service schedule, which will include evenings and weekends in rotation with other camp staff
- Assist with the planning, promotion, volunteer organization, program creation and overall implementation of special events such as the S’Mores event and Lumberjack brunch
- Function as an exceptional overnight and/or day camp counselor for special youth events such as weekend campouts, overnight camp, day camp and field trips.
- Serve cooperatively with all staff and volunteers to assure quality activities are planned, implemented, and supervised
- Assure that your area of responsibility is clean, free of food, and orderly
- Provide janitorial tasks to areas assigned to which may include but is not limited to sweeping, mopping, vacuuming washing windows, taking garbage to the dumpster area, litter pick up, cleaning restrooms, and other general housekeeping duties
- Assist with maintenance duties around camp which may include but is not limited to lawn mowing, log splitting, painting, landscaping, laying wood chips, distributing firewood
- Assist with general office tasks related to camper registration and outcomes measurement.
- In conjunction with supervisor, plan and implement summer programs including but not limited to residential and day camp programming
- Participate in ongoing trainings, special programs and events
- Provide program activities for youth in the areas of arts & crafts, nature education, gardening, animal care, aquatics, Social and Emotional Learning and outdoor play.