Experience and Skills
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- 60 college credits preferred.
- At least three years of experience operating receptionist area and/or in customer service.
- Excellent customer service with professionalism, tact, respect and consideration for every person and request that is encountered. Proven ability to manage difficult customer relationships and ability to react effectively under pressure.
- High energy with superior attention to detail. A self-starter who thinks quickly on one’s feet anticipating challenges before they occur offering viable solutions.
- Possesses ability to seek answers to questions/inquiries either through online research or identifying/asking appropriate staff members.
- Maintains utmost confidentiality in handling highly sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to thoughtfully listen to others without interrupting and keep emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas, tries new things and addresses problems directly with the individual involved.
- Superior telephone and oral communication skills with the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and challenging situations.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively; read and interpret written information correctly; and proofread and edit documents to be grammatically correct.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment and effectively manage and prioritize competing demands. Ability to think on one’s feet and change approach or method quickly to best fit the situation.
- Proven ability to keep commitments and inspire the trust of others, work with integrity and ethically.
- Ability to completes tasks correctly and on time and prioritize work activities.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with ability to utilize Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have a valid WI driver’s license, good driving record, and meets state required automobile insurance minimums.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.