Program Coordinators in the Graduation Plus Department serve in a variety of capacities, drawing on the unique talents of each person. The general responsibilities of the position include academic and career advising to students in grades 9-12 through school visits, as well as working with club members on activities at designated target schools and clubs in Milwaukee.
Coordinators are also expected to assist in the planning and implementation of diplomas 2 degrees programming, as well as provide supervision at workshops. Coordinators should be familiar with the college admissions and financial aid process.
- Manages assigned programs that support specific initiatives within the Grad Plus Department portfolio.
- Provides support to the Club sites with outcome goals and objectives based on needs of members, families, and community.
- Coordination of tutorial services, educational planning, assistance with college and financial aid applications, as well as other services that are required to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Establishes and maintains a rapport with Club staff and parents.
- Facilitate focus groups to ensure youth input and youth led programming.
- Supervises and trains related program staff.
- Provide coaching and role modeling to staff related to program implementation.
- Provide written documentation of program implementation and evaluation.
- Track member participation in assigned program areas and documents results and progress of members.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Create and expose youth to programs and opportunities that prepare them to create an individualized post-secondary plan.
- Provide direct support and guidance to youth as they develop individual goals and plans.
- Develops and implements programs for members.
- Provides guidance and direction to members in the area of academic success, healthy lifestyles, and civic and community engagement.
- Implements and participates in programs, projects, and special events.
- Encourages emotional, social, and educational growth of individual members.
- Recruits and leads members in special field trips and outings for our members.
- Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and/or funder.
- Assist with facilitation of Core Area Meetings and effectively provides support from the Program Support Team.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities.
- Other duties has assigned by Program Director and Manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.