Tutor K5-3rd grade struggling readers in the SPARK Early Literacy Program, using a set lesson plan and program materials.
- Create individualized lesson plans, following the set program format, for all assigned students.
- Tutor assigned students 3x weekly.
- Complete all reports and documentation, as required, including bi-weekly family information log.
- Assist in the development, acquisition and maintenance of literacy materials.
- Help create, utilize, and maintain a print-rich literacy environment.
- Establishes and maintains a rapport with school staff and parents.
- Assist with the maintenance of a detailed binder for each SPARK participant in order to monitor reading progress and report on program impact.
- Provides written documentation of program implementation.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Work with SPARK staff to implement creative and engaging after-school literacy games/activities for program participants.
- Provide guidance and direction to SPARK participants in the areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles, and civic and community engagement.
- Participates in programs, projects, and special events.
- Participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and /or funder.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this service, the member is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The member is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.