Responsible for managing the Neighborhood Strategic Planning process in the Metcalf community/district working closely with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
- Develop, distribute and collect surveys for a minimum of 300 households or residents in the planning area and incorporate survey results in draft document. Input all survey data into database and manage all newly created data.
- Design brochures, flyers, newsletters and any electronic access (Internet/Web page) to bolster community awareness and increase outside interest in the city at large.
- Work with existing Neighborhood Association to strengthen and maintain structures that will encourage resident/stakeholder leadership development, business, neighborhood institutions and citizen participation that reflects the demographic composition of the neighborhood.
- Organize and host planning meetings, as well as, attend community meeting, design and collect all sign-in sheets, input and manage Data in database that will track all residents and stakeholders involved in the Neighborhood Strategic Planning process.
- Be able to meet in the evening and early mornings for special interest meeting groups.
- Acquires knowledge of the philosophy, objective, standards, and program of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee and performs within these guidelines.
- Organize, planning and supervising the Teen Leadership Programs with relation to the NSP program including community service project and community engagement programming.
- Assists in organizing and implementing special events and outings regarding NSP functions.
- Maintains equipment and makes recommendations to Club Manager when repairs or supplies are needed.
- Reports all serious discipline problems and accidents to Club Manager immediately.
- Develop a Safe Passage program for youth to get to and from the Club.
- Must participate in all trainings required by the Club, State and County.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.