Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing program/activities, in relation to the sports, fitness & recreation core service area, for members ages 4-18.
- Assist with developing and implementing aquatic programs and activities.
- Encourage and maintain high standards of safety dealing with all aquatic programs and activities.
- Provide swim lessons to members.
- Instruct members and staff in all aquatic related activities.
- Enforce pool area rules and promote water safety at all times.
- Assess with implementation and participation in programs, projects, and special events within the Core Program Area.
- Recruits, trains and works with both staff and volunteers to support the Clubs’ athletic programs.
- Supervises members engaged in quality activities to achieve specific goals and outcome measurements.
- Exposing youth programs and opportunities that prepare them to create an individualized post-secondary plan.
- Provide direct support and guidance to youth as they develop individual goals and plans.
- Provides guidance and direction to members in the areas of academic success, healthy lifestyles, and civic and community engagement.
- Encourages emotional, social, and educational growth of individual members.
- Recruits and supervises members on Core Program Area field trips and outings.
- Assist with the use, care, maintenance, and inventory of the equipment and supplies programs conducted in and around Aquatics area.
- Assist with vacuuming pool, cleaning pool area, maintaining up-to-date and appropriate chemical records for pool area to cultivate a safe environment.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe environment at all times.
- Develops and maintains an attractive bulletin board, posters, and banners in the Club.
- Recommend changes when unsafe conditions are seen or unseen.
- Provides written documentation of program implementation and evaluation.
- Tracks member participation in assigned program areas and documents results and progress of members.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
- Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and/or funders.
- Must maintain required Aquatic certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.