Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum age 18
- 1 year of experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds.
- 1 year of experience lifeguarding or supervising youth in an aquatic area
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications; Life Guard Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age & skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance to maintain constant supervision of campers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.