Experience and Skills
- Two year degree or ongoing coursework equivalent to two years in Human Resources or other relevant degree or three years of progressive human resources work responsibilities and High School Diploma.
- At least two years’ experience in human resources and employment processing.
- AmeriCorps experience a plus.
- High level of interpersonal skills and experience in handling sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing and seasonal demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delay or unexpected events. Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Strong administrative and data management skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office. Proven ability to learn and utilize new technologies and apply technology to management applications critical.
- Must have a valid WI driver’s license, good driving record, and meets state required automobile insurance minimums.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.