Experience and Skills
Education and/or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Journalism, or Communications.
- Master’s degree in non-profit Management, business, public administration and management or higher education management may offset some experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in fundraising, with an emphasis on direct major gift solicitation in a campaign environment.
- Demonstrated success and experience in private and corporate foundation fund raising strategies for cultivation and direct solicitation.
- 3 - 5 years of successful writing experience required; additional nonprofit fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage major gift solicitations and stewardship.
- Proven proficiency of professional writing experience including successful proposals to institutional donors, grant writing experience, or other persuasive documents to audiences.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word; experience working with donor databases; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, communication, and listening skills with a strong appreciation for an understanding of Boys & Girls Clubs mission.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated professional with the understanding and knowledge of trends, giving insight into donor motivations.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with individuals contacted during the course of work (e.g. executive, donors, colleagues, program & operations staff, etc.)
- Ability to think and act independently and creatively to significantly broaden organization’s relationships with donors and have the professional skills and abilities to work with colleagues across the organization, including executive staff and Board of Trustee members, and to establish and foster relationships that encourage a collaborative team environment.
- Proven leader who supports cross-functional engagement and problem solving.
- Organizational skills, detailed-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Valid WI driver’s license, good driving record, and meet State required automobile insurance minimums.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.