Experience and Skills
- Provide group tutoring and one on one academic assistance to members.
- Makes parental contacts when members are absent in tutoring component.
- Develop and implement lesson plans to facilitate members learning.
- Routinely assess (formally and informally) each cohort of member assigned.
- Use approved curriculum properly and maintain appropriate tutor to member ratio and other program specific requirements and expectations.
- Supervise members engaged in quality activities to achieve specific goals and outcome measurements.
- Encourage emotional, social and educational growth of individual member.
- Provide written documentation of program implementation and evaluation.
- Maintain records on all program activities.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of all relevant data including enrollment, attendance, assessment and progress data as required.
- Report on member progress to Lead Teacher by assigned deadlines.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as requested.
- Must meet required deadlines.
- Must participate in required trainings by the Club, County, State, and/or funders.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- Wisconsin Teaching Certificate required.
- Experience in Education.
- Experience directly related to youth and youth programming.
- Enjoy working with youth.
- Demonstrated examples of working with youth.
- Small group implementation.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to relate effectively with diverse population.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As an employee of BGCGM, I have read and understand the requirements of my job and responsibilities as stated in this job description. Further, I understand that my job duties as well as policies and procedures may change over the course of my employment.